Last month I shared an update on the retro camper that my hubs and I were busy working on over the summer. While he was labouring over custom woodworking, plumbing and electrical work... I prioritized the important glamping details... a camping quilt of course!
I had been slowly collecting prints from Lizzy House's Constellations line for months and when we purchased our Travelux Pearl, I knew instantly that this line was perfect for a camping quilt.
To round out my Constellations collection, I added various bits of other Lizzy House fabrics including some Jewels and Pearl Bracelets.
After trying out a few shades of pearl bracelets for the background, I landed on a dark gray with metalic shimmer to add some dreamy moodiness to the quilt.
This quilt turned out to be larger than I had anticipated, so I had to get a bit creative on the backing as a result. To compliment the front, I used a small scrap from each print to replicate the purple-to-white gradient shown on the quilt top.
I tried a new-to-me FMQ design on this quilt since stars just seemed like an obvious choice. I love the crinkly texture that appears between the stars, and hope that with time it will continue to emphasize their shapes.
Final Quilt Details:
- Quilt Name: Constellations Camping Quilt
- Finished Size: Somewhere between double and queen (75" x 90")
- Fabric: this entire quilt is exclusively Lizzy House fabric, largely composed of prints from her Constellations and Pearl Bracelets fabric lines.
- Pattern: designed by Kelsey using TouchDraw
- Quilting: chains of stars by Kelsey