This theory has been once again been proven true when it comes to my Smitten quilt. I finally got the blocks pieced together last weekend. That took only part of Saturday. For sure I was going to have a finished quilt top by the end of the weekend. FOR SURE. Then I cut and attached the first border from the background fabric. When that was finished I cut a yellow border and sewed that on and then came the green border.
You can see from the top photo that attaching the green border is stalled at the halfway point. I have attached the long sides but now need to finish up the top and bottom. The end seems so close but so far.
Once I pull myself together to finish the green border, I am then faced with the red border. After that I have to make a backing, baste and quilt this bad boy. Totally an 80/20 situation. So close but it is going to take a lot more effort to get there. Sew on.