Since I was on a bit of a fabric diet at the time, I ended up settling for a gorgeous layer cake and figured it would be enough to make two patterns that I've had my eye on while still leaving a few scraps for the stash: Jaybird Quilts' Carnival and Cluck Cluck Sew's Inside Out plus quilt.
After spending a few hours yesterday carefully sorting the layer cake into two piles (one for each quilt), I started cutting for the blocks for Carnival using my lazy angle ruler.
I still have a few more fabrics to cut before I can start getting the background fabric cut. Hopefully by the end of the week, I'll be able to start piecing the blocks. For now, it's back to the cutting mat!